Members Only
(requires password)


The Haskell Family Association (HFA) holds reunions periodically. The most recent reunion was in Yarmouth, Nova Scotia, on July 31 - August 2, 2015.





HFA Reunion at Concord - Beverly, MA
September 20-22, 2013

The reunion began on Friday evening with a social hour followed by dinner at Concord's Colonial Innl. Tammy Alfano from Harvard, MA gave an after-dinner talk on the Haskells who settled in the Village of Still River, which was the earliest settlement within the town of Harvard, MA. You can download the slides for this talk as a pdf file here. You can also download the pdf slide presentations by Dick Haskell on Haskells Who Marched to the Alarm and the Kimball-Haskell Park in Beverly. On Saturday morning, we boarded a bus for a 4-hour tour of the Lexington-Concord battlefield, led by our guide, Masha Traber. The tour followed the battle of April 19, 1775 from the Lexington Green to the Hartwell Tavern in Lincoln to the Concord Bridge.

On Sunday morning, we met at the Beverly Depot and took a school bus to the home of Eric Hayes at 680 Hale Street in Beverly. This house was built by Robert Haskell, the grandson of the brother, Mark-1, about 1712. Eric and his wife, Dorothy, have recently restored the house to the way it was in the 1700s. They were gracious hosts, who welcomed a bus-load of Haskells, who really appreciated the opportunity to view the home of our ancestors as it really existed then. We also visited the Balch house, the oldest house in Beverly, and then had a farewell luncheon at the Beverly Depot Restaurant. A most memorable reunion!

View pictures from the reunion by clicking on the arrows at the center-right and center-left of the photo. You can select a single picture by clicking on Pictures in the upper-right corner. These photos were taken by Carey Haskell, Dick Haskell, Jeff Haskell, and Tom Haskell.

Group photo at the "rude bridge that arched the flood" in Concord.

In the registration area, David and Ethel Haskell check out the books that will be raffled off after dinner on Friday.

The Friday dinner was held in the Herritage Room at Concord's Colonial Inn.

Clockwise from lower-left: Jeff Haskell, Dick Haskell, Debbie Young, Kim Bunge, Edie Haskell, Dick Fisk, Phil Haskell, Marda Buchholz.

Left-to-right: Andy Turner, Geri and Merv Stevens, Tom Haskell, Tammy Alfano, Kathy and Bob Haskell.

Clockwise from lower-left: Bill Doody, Rhoda Briggs, William and Kim Haskell, Ethel and David Haskell, Sanford and Helen Haskill, Wendy and Bill Palmer.

Left-to-right: Robert and Marlene Hefferman, Frank and Mary Colley, Stratton and Ginnie Haskell, Salley Meyer.

Clockwise from lower-left: Sharon Haskell Morrison, Dianne and Richard Hascall, Paul Haskell, Roz Evans, Frank Haskell, Sally Haskell, Dorothy Haskell.

Clockwise from lower-left: Kate and Edwin Haskell, Joe and Suzanne Youngman, Deanne and Ronald Lewis, Ed and Naomi Haskell.

Standing: David "Wiskers" Haskell, April Phillips, Douglas Haskell. Seated from back: Jim Senif, Penny Allen, Louisa and Emerson Stone, Donna Brunstad, Bill Sweeney.

Tammy Alfano describes how the Haskell family was integral to the history of the Village of Still River within the town of Harvard, MA.

Edie Haskell chatting with Marda Buchholz. In the background, Tammy Alfano is standing in front of the Haskell Family Quilt

This Haskell Family Quilt was made in 1867 and brought to the Friday night dinner by Tammy Alfano of Harvard, MA.

49 of the 50 blocks in the quilt contain inked inscriptions of family genealogy: births, marriages, and deaths.

On Saturday morning, the bus picked us up in front of Concord's Colonial Inn.

Our guide Masha Traber with Dick Haskell.

Masha gets into her role on the Lexington green.

Masha describes how eight militiamen were killed on the Lexington green on the morning of April 19, 1775.

Masha stood before this monument on the Lexington green and recited this entire inscription from memory.

The militiamen statue on the Lexington green.

This stone is on the Lexington green.

The Visitor's Center next to the Lexington green was having a craft show during our tour.

Emerson Stone, Tom Haskell, Edie and Jeff Haskell, and Debbie Young enjoying the craft show.

David and Ethel Haskell.

Andy Turner checking out some of the exotic food at the craft show.

Edie Haskell buys some dishes for dipping bread.

Phil Haskell and Dick Fisk rest in front of the Lexington Visitor's Center.

We stopped for a visit to the Hartwell Tavern in Lincoln.

Louisa Stone chatting with Masha Traber.

A park ranger at the Hartwell Tavern demonstrated how a colonial musket works.

We witnessed a musket firing at the Hartwell Tavern.

Masha describes the battle at the Concord bridge.

Masha describes how the first British casualties occurred at the Concord bridge.

Crossing the Concord bridge to the Minuteman statue.

Approaching the Minuteman statue.

The statue of a minuteman with a musket in one hand and a plow in the other.

The Minuteman statue was erected on the centennial of the battle at the Concord bridge.

The grave of the British soldiers who died at the Concord bridge on April 19, 1775.

On Sunday morning we met for coffee at the Haskell House, 680 Hale Street in Beverly, which was built about 1712 by Robert(3) Haskell (William(2), Mark(1)).

The Haskell House at 680 Hale Street in Beverly, MA.

Dick Haskell(right) presents a copy of Haskells in North America - Descendants of William Haskell and Elinor Foule Through Five Generations to Eric Hayes.

Gathering in front of the Haskell House while Eric Hayes and Bill Finch describe the restoration of the house.

Bill Finch describes the restoration project while Eric Hayes holds the poster.

Numerous posters give details of the restoration project.

Close-up of one of the posters.

Gathering for coffee on the back porch of the Haskell House.

Dick Hascall in the foreground while others enjoy coffee and donuts.

Eric's wife, Dorothy (in the center between Edie Haskell and Rhoda Briggs), describes the restoration of one of the rooms in the Haskell House.

A bill made out to Capt. Robert Haskell, dated 1768, which was found in the beams of the house behind a wall during the restoration project.

Eric Hayes, with his hand on the bed post, describes the restoration of one of the bedrooms.

Bill Finch describes the restoration of one of the downstairs rooms.

Carol Rose describing the restoration of one of the bedrooms.

One of the upstairs restored bedrooms.

All of the original fireplaces in the Haskell House have been re-opened.

Tom Haskell is trying to keep the Haskell Rock, which is behind the Haskell House, from rolling down the hill.

Mansion just above the Haskell House -- formerly residence of Senator Beveridge, who was also an author.

After visiting the Haskell House, we drove by the Kimball-Haskell Park at 28 Cross Street in Beverly, MA.

The Kimball-Haskell Park is named for Captain Michael Haskell, who was killed in the bombing of the Marine barracks in Beirut on October 23, 1983.

We then stopped for a visit at the Balch House, the oldest house in Beverly.

Gatering in front of the Balch House .

Phil Haskell, on the right, find something that Dick Fisk said funny, as Tom Haskell walks by.

Darren Brown, Curator of Collections at the Beverly Historical Society and Museum, gives us a talk about the history of Beverly in front of the Balch House.

The military veterans in front of the Bevery Depot. Left to right: Dick Fisk, William Haskell, David Haskell, Phil Haskell, Jim Senif, David "Wiskers" Haskell, Merv Stevens, Joe Youngman, Bob Haskell.






Slideshow adapted from
JonDesign's SmoothGallery 2.0.